Thursday, February 18, 2010

A Waxpaper Fix!!!

Thank You! THANK YOU!!! thank you!! Thhhhhhaaaaaannnnnnnkkkkk Yooooouuuuuu!
Do you get the idea that I am grateful to those of you kind souls who offered suggestions for how to fix my smocking pleater needle breaking dilemma?
I tried each of the suggestions, and the wax paper seems to have done the trick!!! I also ordered more needles, but it will be a few days before they come. I practiced on these two pieces of fabric. I'm playing around with the green one. I'm going to try some new stitches on this one and the pink. There was not a pucker nor a skipped stitch to be seen. But, best of all, there were no broken needles, well, there was one, but it must have been bent out of shape. Hey, that's funny, because that's what I was, "bent out of shape"!!! I'm all back to normal (whatever that is) now!!
Again, thank you! What would I do without my blogger friends? I even found a new one today through all of this drama over at sewNso. Thanks Sara, Martha, Crazy Mom, Rachel, Cheryl, and Faye!!! I knew I could count on you to help me!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

so glad you got it worked out!!!!

Unknown said...

So glad you got it sorted out. One day I shall have the time to teach myself how to smock. I got the book now I just need the time. xx

Rachel said...

I am so happy the waxed paper worked!!!

Kim said...

HOOOORAY!!!!!!

I don't know a thing about smocking- but I sure enjoy seeing your work and I was sad for you that your machine was not working correctly :) Have a sunny weekend Julia!!!!

Favorite Posts

big list of sewing blogs

Big list of Sewing blogs - I'm in, are you?
I'm listed in the big list of sewing blogs Sponsors Advertise on sewing-blogs.com
Julias Sew Sweet
How to Sew
Place your vote for Julias Sew Sweet and find more How to Sew at Seamingly.com.










Attitude of Gratitude Award