Sunday, February 21, 2010

They Sold!!!!

Yea! My auction dress and the paper cut portrait both sold at the auction. I don't know how much they brought, but they sold!!! Whew!!! I was really scared that they wouldn't. I saw a lady carrying out the dress. I spoke to her, and she told me she was buying it for her grand daughter. I also spoke to the lady who bought the paper cut portrait (sherensnitte) and found out she wants one of her grand son. She'll bring me his picture. I talked to a man who is from Germany, and he told me that sheren means scissors and that snitte means cut. So, that is what this wonderful word means. Doesn't snitte sound like the sound that scissors make when they cut?
In case you don't know what I'm talking about, here are pictures of the dress and an example of the portrait. This one is my grand daughter. I don't think I've posted this one before.




As you can see the picture is flipped. I'm not wild about how the lips came out. There was a shiny spot on her lower lip that I tried to capture, but it just looks a little strange, so this one will be done over. Actually, I think I want to do all of them over, now that I've had more practice. I believe I'll make them a little smaller. Gwen suggested that I hang them at my house rather than give them to my girls. I may just do that, in my hallway!


This little princess went to a daddy/daughter princess dance last night. She got to meet Belle, Cinderella, and other real life princesses!!! She wore the dress that I made her for Christmas. Boy, does that make Granmomma feel good!!!

11 comments:

Salinda said...

of course that dress sold! It was beautiful!

Jocelyn said...

Congratulations! I know you are pleased.

Anonymous said...

Awesome news.

gwensews said...

Congratulations! We put so much of ourselves into our art. It's always heart-warming to know that someone admires our work.

Jackie's Stitches said...

I think the only one that might be surprised is YOU! We all knew they'd sell! :)

meg said...

Your work is stunning--- I'm not surprised at all that it sold! How cool that you got to meet the individuals who bought them, too!
Your granddaughter looks so sweet!A daddy/daughter dance sounds like so much fun and makes a wonderful memory!

KID, MD said...

Congratulations!! I'm totally not surprised, though. Who could have passed up such wonderful works of art?!

Michelle said...

Beautiful work! I am not surprised they sold, that dress is wonderful!

Claudia said...

Congratulations, Julia! I am not at all surprised, my friend.

xo
Claudia

Unknown said...

congratulations!!! Both items of your work is amazing!!!!
My sister in laws little granddaughter went to a Daughter/Daddy dance last night as well!!! wonder if it was the same one?

Kim said...

I knew they would sell- you are an excellent artist! That dress had me wishing I was small enough to fit into it :) Have a fabulous Monday Julia!!!

Favorite Posts

big list of sewing blogs

Big list of Sewing blogs - I'm in, are you?
I'm listed in the big list of sewing blogs Sponsors Advertise on sewing-blogs.com
Julias Sew Sweet
How to Sew
Place your vote for Julias Sew Sweet and find more How to Sew at Seamingly.com.










Attitude of Gratitude Award