I am showing you a picture of the Easter dresses for my 3 grand daughters who are sisters. I didn't even realize when I made the plans for these that they would coordinate colorwise. I made Kellen's on the far right from one of my old dresses that she fell in love with. It is made from raw silk brought back from Japan by my cousin in about 1970 or so. The pink, purple and green is for Jenna and is made with woven ribbon and a cotton print. Then the bishop is for Riley. I just really like the color of this cotton batiste. I used the pink and white on the smocking because of a crocheted antique doily that I have that I am thinking of cutting apart to use as trim on the sleeves and hem. I'm not so sure of that, but we'll see. Anyway, I was about halfway through the smocking when I realized that these colors all work together.
I'm only showing the tops of these dresses because Jenna's and Riley's aren't hemmed yet. Riley's doesn't have buttons on the back either. I need to get some pretty hangers for photographing my dresses. I guess I could make some. I just never seem to have any extra time to do anything like that.
It looks like God has been baking here. It looks like He has sifted powdered sugar on everything. It's been snowing all day, but there's only a dusting. It is cold!!! My fingers are freezing.
Victoria and Albert Museum - Textiles 3
11 hours ago