Saturday, August 1, 2009

Flower Girl

This is pretty random for a post, but when I was photographing my mom's dolls the other day, I went ahead and photographed other vintage, heirloom things around my house, this being one of them. When I was 5 years old I was a flower girl. I will never forget the experience. I wore a yellow dotted-swiss stand-out dress, and I thought I was the most beautiful princess there ever was. What is sad is that, now, I look older than the beautiful lady who was the bride. I still see her quite often.


I realized yesterday that I am now on post number 95, and I have 46 followers. I think it would be cool to reach 50 followers at the same time I reach 100 posts. I'll have to think of some way to celebrate!

6 comments:

Trudy said...

How sweet. You did look like a little princess in your dress.

Rachel said...

You look beautiful. I have always had a fascination with dotted swiss.

Jocelyn said...

You looked so sweet. I remember the only time I was a flower girl for my cousins wedding. I think I was around seven years old. Yeah for a celebration of followers :-)

Faye Lewis said...

What a beautiful memory.

gwensews said...

You were, and I am sure, still are--a beautiful lady. When my daughter was small, I had her hair cut in the same style as yours was.

window dressing said...

You look very adorable in this photograph.

I am sure you will reach 50 followers very soon. You are a natural people person.

Favorite Posts

big list of sewing blogs

Big list of Sewing blogs - I'm in, are you?
I'm listed in the big list of sewing blogs Sponsors Advertise on sewing-blogs.com
Julias Sew Sweet
How to Sew
Place your vote for Julias Sew Sweet and find more How to Sew at Seamingly.com.










Attitude of Gratitude Award