I did cut it out! I got all three boys' outfits cut out yesterday. I do NOT like to cut out. That's my only reason for procrastination sometimes. But, my girls gave me a new rotary cutter and a new cutting board for my birthday/Mother's Day. They also gave me a new little bitty iron so I can get into those little bitty corners, etc... on little bitty clothing. I had a rotary cutter, but it is one of those really big ones, and it isn't conducive to cutting little things. So, I never used it. It was a cinch cutting with this one, though. I also really like the cutting board for lots of reasons that all of you sewists already know.
(The girls also cooked me a DELICIOUS meal, including cherry dump cake, yum! and one of my SILs made me a beautiful bird house. He also made both my mother and my MIL one each, too. I hung Mother's outside her nursing home window. )
The big boys will have navy shorts from this Simplicity5581 pttern and their shirts are from the Butterick3475 pattern.
Neither of these had a size 10-12 in them.
The shorts came in S-L boys and S-XL men's. In comparing the measurements to other patterns that I have, I discovered that the L boys' size was really a 7-8 and the S men's was way too big. So I added about 2 inches to all pieces in length and width for the 10-12. I figured this out by checking out measurements on several different patterns I have. Hope it works.
The shirt was in sized 6, 7, and 8. I added the amount to go up 2 sizes based on how much difference there was in the 6 and the 8. Again, I hope this works. I do this with my little girls' patterns all the time. Surely, it will be the same for boys.
The little boy is getting a short romper from this Easy McCall's 2033 pattern. His shirt is from Butterick 6030. I like this pattern better than the one with the romper because of the collar. The romper pattern has a peterpan collar, which is ok, but for this I wanted a regular collar.
I realy like the girl's view on the McCall's pattern. I've never made it, but think I will have to this fall with the cardigan.
These are American Doll dresses that I made last year to match the big girls' things that I've made them in the past. The first two "sort of" match the Valentine's outfits that I made for Jenna and Kellen last year. The plaid is flannel and the gray is fleece. I need photos of the big girls' fashions. The lavendar is a "sort of" copy of Jenna's Easter dress from last year too. Again, for some reason I didn't get a photo of her actual dress. It had madeira applique around the hem. The bow on teh bodice was shadow embroidery. The sash was a narrower ribbon sewn to a wider ribbon using a decorative stitch.
My FIL is doing ok. The physical therapy is going to be rougher than he thought. He has had a bum knee for so long that his muscles are out of whack, and he's got to retrain them! Ouch!
Do you buy or subscribe to quilting magazines
20 minutes ago