I just made this pattern for my oldest grand. I made view B with out the lace "v" down the front or lace around the bottom of the hem. I lengthened it a bit, too. I made the front bodice from ribbon that I stitched together. I lined the front bodice so it won't be itchy! For the hem of the bottom and the sleeves, I did a shell stitch. I do this using the blind hem stitch on my machine. I set the tension fairly tight, flip the stitch to the mirror image, fold under the edge like I'm going to do a clean finish, and then just stitch away. It makes a pretty scalloped edging. I added the elastic across the tops of the shoulders. I am finding that patterns in the bigger girls' sizes all have humongous necklines. They are too low cut and way too wide. I'm hoping the elastic will help. I always sew French seams whenever possible. I just like the finished insides. This was no exception.
This fabric is a 50% cotton 50% polyester. It has a sheen to it. I was a little nervous about it, so the first thing I did was put it in the washer, then the dryer (on a low setting), and then checked out to see what the iron would do to it. I don't sew without my iron. It was easy to sew with and nothing seemed to affect the way it looks or feels. It's very thin, so will be cool for the summer.Above you see all of the pictures. I haven't quite figured out bloggers new "improved" way of doing things, but perhaps with practice, I will.
I just got an order for a dress from a lady who saw this blog on which I posted. I am on the committee that is planning this wearable arts fashion show. One of the other ladies on our committee sent a link to this blog to her sister, who wants a dress for her granddaughter. Yea!!!!