Sunday, June 27, 2010

How to - 3D Papercut Portraits

http://www.dudecraft.com/2009/11/papercut-portraits-tutorial.html


Several of you have asked how i learned how to do the 3D paper cut portraits.  I learned from Dude Craft.  Above is a link to the post that I learned from.   I don't do mine with an exacto knife, however.  I use little scissors.  I also haven't found the paper like he uses.  I finally found some that I like from Hobby Lobby.  These really aren't all that difficult.   They are a little tedious, though.   The results are so much fun that it's worth it.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I am going to check this out for sure, Julia.
TY for sharing.

Have a beautiful summer's eve ...
TTFN ~ Marydon

Trudy said...

Thanks for the link, Julia. This is very fascinating and I am very impressed by your work although I don't think I would have the patience to do this, at least not at this stage in my life, with a toddler running around. I need quick crafts; so I'll leave one this to you. You do such beautiful work.

Trudy
www.sewingwithtrudy.blogspot.com

Marybeth said...

Thanks! I'm definitely going to try it out :)))

Crazy Mom! said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ittybittyandpretty said...

they do look wonderful, you are so very talented in so many ways.
xxxrosey

Favorite Posts

big list of sewing blogs

Big list of Sewing blogs - I'm in, are you?
I'm listed in the big list of sewing blogs Sponsors Advertise on sewing-blogs.com
Julias Sew Sweet
How to Sew
Place your vote for Julias Sew Sweet and find more How to Sew at Seamingly.com.










Attitude of Gratitude Award