Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Check out these two new blogs.

http://tennesseepresentstextiles.blogspot.com/2010/06/blog-post.html
I am a contributing blogger on this first one. I am a board member of the local Arts Council and on the committee that plans a wearable arts fashion show. Some of my children's clothing has been in this show several years. The art that is worn in this show is incredible! There are crocheted, knitted, quilted, felted, hand dyed, hand painted, hand sewn, you name it, creations in this show!!! If you live in the SE and would like to know more, be sure to let me know that you are interested. For you quilters out there, Rachel Clark will be our featured presenter this year. She will do a trunk show in the morning! I can't wait to meet her myself, and I'm not a quilter.

and

www.difergi.blogspot.com
My friend, Diana, has started this blog. She is also on the committee for planning the fashion show. Her beautiful creations are some of the most amazing fashions that are featured in the show. She is a quilter, sewist, artist exemplar; she paints with paint and with textiles! Remember

this? She's the one who made it for me. Be sure to visit her and become a follower. You will be amazed by her work, or do you call it PLAY when it's doing what you love and were born to do?

2 comments:

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Hi Julia Sweetie...
Thank you for stopping by and making my day. I do get up every 2 hours and walk to the end of the hall. My computer room is there, so I check my email and try to leave a few comments.

You are coming to my area this summer? To Phoenix? I would so love to meet with you and have lunch. Let me know if Phoenix is your destination. What fun, and something to look forward to.

I love your quilting lady that was made for you. How very beautiful it is. You and your friends are so talented. I will try to stop over and say hello to both friends. Thank you for introducing them to me. You know how I love meeting new friends. I have the gift of gab. (That is what has been so hard for me. I can't really talk, without coughing horribly, so typing is my only source of communication right now. My DH can't hear a thing I say, as I am so hoarse and he can't hear. We are quite the pair now a days.)

Many hugs and much love sweetie...Sherry

Unknown said...

Julia ~ That little dress is darling, as I travel back in your writes! I do hope they get Mother straightened out, it is so hard to be sick & not have an end to see in sight.

Congrats on your award.

Have a wonderful week.
TTFN ~ Hugs, Marydon

Favorite Posts

big list of sewing blogs

Big list of Sewing blogs - I'm in, are you?
I'm listed in the big list of sewing blogs Sponsors Advertise on sewing-blogs.com
Julias Sew Sweet
How to Sew
Place your vote for Julias Sew Sweet and find more How to Sew at Seamingly.com.










Attitude of Gratitude Award