Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Thanks for all the well wishes, good thoughts, and prayers for my mother-in-law!!! What a great group of cyber friends!!!

My Mother-in-law's surgery went well. She really didn't wake up while we were there. We left to come home about 7:00. She'll be in the hospital until at least Friday, and then, the plan is to get her into a skilled bed nursing home. The one where Mother is has a skilled bed open. So, we are hoping that it will work out to bring her here to that one. I don't know why that wouldn't work. One of my sister-in-laws stayed with her last night. My husband took his dad back up early this morning, but I haven't heard from him yet. Another sister-in-law will be here this evening and will stay tonight and maybe even tomorrow night.

Thank goodness, my sister is here during all of this to go up to be with Mother.


A friend (the one I eat lunch with on a lot of Weds.) brought us rice and chicken, salad, etc... last night. Aren't friends wonderful?

I have tons of stuff to get done at our house today and tomorrow. So, I'd better get moving.

Sometime over the past couple of weeks my list of followers has grown to 98!!! I am so excited!!! I am trying to think of what I can do when it reaches 100! I'm going to be cleaning my sewing room between hospital and nursing home visits over the next few days, so maybe I will come across some cool giveaway things.
I CONFESS that I have not finished the blankets that I am to make for my last two milestones!!! I PROMISE that is next on my list! At least after I finish a couple of other deadline things on my list.

3 comments:

Erlinda said...

My prayers are with you and your family. Take care.

gwensews said...

Continued good wishes to your family and MIL particularly. My MIL has been in and out the hospital for weeks and is now in a nursing home for a temporary stay. She is 97. Her body is wearing out and she has heart problems. Nothing the docs can do for her at this stage of her life except keep her comfortable.

Trudy said...

My prayers will continue to be with you.

I think your follower list will continue to naturally climb just because of who you are; but if you want to get it there quicker, you have a giveaway just for followers. And announce that if they are not a follower, to sign up to be entered in the giveaway.

Favorite Posts

big list of sewing blogs

Big list of Sewing blogs - I'm in, are you?
I'm listed in the big list of sewing blogs Sponsors Advertise on sewing-blogs.com
Julias Sew Sweet
How to Sew
Place your vote for Julias Sew Sweet and find more How to Sew at Seamingly.com.










Attitude of Gratitude Award