I feel so honored to have been awarded the Sunshine Award by my friend over at DJStoreRoom.
The rules for this award are simple:
1. Place the logo within your blog or post.
2. Pass the award on to 12 bloggers.
3. Link the nominees within the post.
4. Let the nominees know they have received the award by commenting on their blogs.
5. Share the love and link to the person from whom you received the award.
Below are my choices for this award. The way I chose these 12 people is that they are the last ones to comment on my blog. I have been reading most of these blogs for a long time, now, and feel that I really know these ladies. Oh, the blogging friends I have made!!!! These blogs bring SUNSHINE to my life!! There are other blogs that also bring joy and warmth to my heart, but I was limited to 12.
1. chicagocrafts.blogspot.com Sarah knits beautiful things! She sent me some fingerless gloves just because I commented that they would be great for my arthritic hands!
2. sewingwithtrudy.blogspot.com Trudy is a talented seamstress and artist! Her daughter is following in her footsteps and even has her own blog.
3. goosegirlsews.blogspot.com This lady even designs patterns! She has a teen aged daughter with health issues and a little adopted daughter from China. What lucky girls to have a mom who can sew like theirs.
4. katiekadiddlehopper.blogspot.com This lady is a pediatrician, mom, and wonderful sewist! She even sews for her husband!
5. jackiecastson.blogspot.com What a talented quilter and knitter. She's been sick. I hope she's feeling better!
6. allmysesams.blogspot.com Talk about a sewist! She makes gorgeous embellished garments! She never just makes something by the pattern. Her things are remarkable!
7. mockingbirdhillcottage.blogspot.com I would love to visit this cottage and see all the antiques! She works with actors who need help with their diction and accents. I wonder if she could make me sound less "Southern" and "Country"?
8. southernmatriach.blogspot.com This lady is an heirloom sewist extraordinaire! I have learned so much technique from her and gotten lots of good advice!
9. littlesewingalcove.blogspot.com This friend makes beautiful clothing. I love the latest jacket!
10. flowerkim.blogspot.com My getting healthy buddy, who is a miniaturist! I won a little punch felted dog that she made!
11. fayessewingadventure.blogspot.com A teacher who also sews the most beautiful clothing! She's got to be the best dressed teacher in her school!
12. sewnso.blogspot.com This lady is new to my list of blogging friends. She is a fellow Tennessean!! She is a contributor to Sew Beautiful and makes the most beautiful heirloom things!!! She's also having a wonderful giveaway, so be sure to check out her blog.
Actually, if any of these blogs are new to you, be sure to check them out. You will not be disappointed, I promise!!!!!
A Few Quick Projects with Terrible Pictures
29 minutes ago