Saturday, March 7, 2009

Pants Done!!

Here are Little Man's pants.  My seam ripper got more of a workout than my sewing machine on these.  I, uh, accidentally, uh, sewed the zipper closed and had to, uh, rip out the stitching.  Then, I decided to do French seams because this fabric is loosely woven like linen.  Because I had double sewn seams I had to rip out double the stitching when I messed up on the pockets twice.  I wanted to make set in pockets instead of the ones sewn on the outside like the photo says, so needless to say I had to play  around a bit to make them right.  Uh, oh, I forgot to put pockets on the back.  I guess I'll do those tomorrow.  I'm through for today.  My sister is here and my DH and I are going out to dinner with her.  I'm wearing sweats right now.  I guess I'd better change!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a darn cute set! Fantastic job, Julia!

Back Porch Blessings said...

good job. also thank you for the award was to busy enjoying your sewing that I did not even notice the award you gave me.

gwensews said...

What a nice outfit. Lucky little boy to have such a talented grandma!

knitmachinequeen (KMQ) said...

Cute outfit. Sometimes when I'm sewing I think I'm a genius...other times my sewing IQ is about a 3!

Julia said...

You are all very kind. During the night I pondered over what was wrong with the shirt and decided to take the collar off, put on a new one, and take some of the fullness out of the front of the shirt, which means take the placket off and rework it too. Luckily., I still have the two collars that I made that I thought were too small and I think one of them might work after all. If not it's back to the store to get more fabric, because I didn't buy extra. Thank goodness the store is between here and my work and wasn't expensive.
I know my sewing IQ is around a 3 at times.
I appreciate all of your encouragement!!

Favorite Posts

big list of sewing blogs

Big list of Sewing blogs - I'm in, are you?
I'm listed in the big list of sewing blogs Sponsors Advertise on sewing-blogs.com
Julias Sew Sweet
How to Sew
Place your vote for Julias Sew Sweet and find more How to Sew at Seamingly.com.










Attitude of Gratitude Award