Monday, March 21, 2011

An Extra Dress

When talking with Miss K and looking at the same websites (long distance), I decided that she might actually like this dress better then the blue one I posted about a couple of days ago.  I sent pictures of both patterns and fabrics, and she chose the blue and the other pattern.  But, I already had this pattern and this fabric, so I decided I'd make both dresses and let her have 2.  If she doesn't like it, maybe I can shorten it and Miss J can wear it.  The style I think would work in this size for either of them.                                                                                                              
 Here the dress is completed.  As you see on the pattern, this was an easy dress to sew. 
 I like the little butterfly sleeves.  I already had the pink bow.  I had made it a LONG time ago and just never did anything with it.  I thought this dress needed just a little something more.  I safety pinned it on, though, just in case Miss K or Miss J doesn't like it.

The fabric is so sheer that it had to be lined.  I tried some solid purple cotton that I had.  It didn't look right.  I tried white.  That was awful.  But, when I tried black, it looked just right.  This sounds like Goldilocks, doesn't it?


9 comments:

MushyWear said...

I really think this is a gorgeous dress. I love how the fabric is sheer on the sleeves and the way you made it opaque on the body was just right! Loved the blue dress too. I wonder which she will like better? It's a tough choice. Congratulations on the blog award too. I loved reading about each of your grands.

KID, MD said...

So cute! The sheer sleeves are so pretty. I can't imagine her not liking it!

Jackie's Stitches said...

There isn't anything wrong with being "juuuust right". It's a really pretty dress and I always love your sleeves! I'll be interested in seeing which one she picks - I would imagine it's going to be BOTH!

Rachel said...

I love this dress!! I think it is very elegant and the fabric is really pretty!

Jocelyn said...

So very pretty. Love the bow, it really dresses it up.

Karon said...

Beutiful!! If I had looked at this pattern,I would have never envisioned such a formal looking dress. You continue to inspire creative thinking

Needled Mom said...

Lovely. I know she will appreciate having choices. What girl doesn't????

Unknown said...

Just darling creation, Julia. And, that lovley bow is perefct.

Have a great day ~
TTFN ~
Marydon

- said...

So pretty and comfortable and so breezy.

Favorite Posts

big list of sewing blogs

Big list of Sewing blogs - I'm in, are you?
I'm listed in the big list of sewing blogs Sponsors Advertise on sewing-blogs.com
Julias Sew Sweet
How to Sew
Place your vote for Julias Sew Sweet and find more How to Sew at Seamingly.com.










Attitude of Gratitude Award