Tuesday, January 25, 2011

I've Been Featured!!! An Addendum!!!! Sweater, a crochet beginning and Little Man's artwork

My friend Donna has featured me on her amazing blog, Comin' Home!  She writes about many varied topics having to do with family and home and creativity!!!  Please go check out her wonderful and inspiring blog!!!!  Thank you, Donna!

Here's the sweater that I knitted.  It's a little larger than I meant for it to be.  I had intended to do the whole sweater in the creamy yellow, lavender, and green stripes like those at the bottom and on the back, but I didn't have enough of the creamy yellow.  Soooooo....., as you see, I switched to just lavender and green stripes for the top front and just lavender for the sleeves. I haven't bought buttons, or shopped in my button collection, but I will soon.    

 This is the neck of the sweater I have started for Lil'B.  I think you can see the color change from the creamy yellow to the white.  The sweater will be mostly white with the creamy yellow as an edging.  It took me forever and a lot of trial and error to figure out rows three and five.  I am just learning to read crochet patterns.
 Here is art work done by our talented 2 1/2 year old grandson, Big Little Man.  I haven't found a frame for the white and turquoise painting, yet, but I probably have several that will work.  These will hang in our basement along with his big cousins' art work.

8 comments:

Jackie's Stitches said...

I love the art work and that you're framing it! So precious.

The sweater looks fantastic! I've been on a knitting slump and hope to find my mojo again soon.

Jocelyn said...

Julia, the sweater looks fabulous!! Great job!

Unknown said...

Another exquisite Julia creation ... you are such a wonderful creator or so many beautiful treasures & designs.

Have a beautiful eve ~
TTFN ~
Marydon

Ellen said...

LOVE the sweater, and the crocheting looks like it's off to a grand start! Crocheting is something I just can NOT get.

Kim said...

I never could get the hang of knitting- you are already a pro!! Big Little Man's artwork is adorable!!!!

:corinne: said...

Such a darling sweater!

Donna said...

That sweater is gorgeous! I love to crochet, but don't have the patience to do a sweater. Or should I say it gets used up sewing and quilting. Ha! I'd love to learn to do the beautiful stitches you've done, Julia. :o)

xo
Donna @ Comin' Home

gwensews said...

That's a really great little sweater. Nice job, Julia, as always.

Favorite Posts

big list of sewing blogs

Big list of Sewing blogs - I'm in, are you?
I'm listed in the big list of sewing blogs Sponsors Advertise on sewing-blogs.com
Julias Sew Sweet
How to Sew
Place your vote for Julias Sew Sweet and find more How to Sew at Seamingly.com.










Attitude of Gratitude Award