Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Whew! My deadline has been extended!

Whew! The lady who wanted the 5 grandchildren's outfits by Monday has decided it will be ok to get them to her by June 15th. You have no idea the relief I felt when she told me that!!
I have only one to get don
e this week. I can now relax, take my time, do a better job, not be so stressed, and do other things like: eat, sleep, visit my mom, visit at school tomorrow, go to church tonight and Sunday, etc.........

This is the fabric that I bought to make the boys' shirts. Their shorts are going to be solid navy. I haven't decided exactly which patterns I'm using, but I bought these four boys' patterns. I figure that I will need boy patterns, since I have Little Man to sew for, so I didn't mind buying these.


These are the coordinating combinations that I am using for the girls' sundresses and bonnets. They are all cut out and waiting to be sewn. I will definitely get the one for my school friend made tonight. Another school friend sent me an email to tell me that the teachers are having one last luncheon tomorrow. They have a luncheon about once a month. We take food and donate $5.00 and the proceeds go to Relay for Life. Since I'm not teaching anymore, I can go and stay through everyone's lunch periods and see everyone!! I was so happy to be invited. The last day for kids is Friday. I guess the teachers will go a couple of days next week.





Here are the girls in their skirt outfits that I made for them. The streamers are left over from the jungle themed birthday party. The blue streamers actually made a waterfall that flowed into the raging river that was part of an obstacle course for the kids' party. There was a bat cave, a giant ant hill, etc.... It was fun. Kellen and Jenna were singing and dancing for us in this photo. They are really talented and so cute. Of course, I'm not partial or anything! That's Riley watching from the sideline. I'm surprised she wasn't up there with the big girls, because she is as big as they are, you know.



These are bean bag chairs that I made the girls for Christmas. I made them orange and white because of the Univ. of TN Vols. The girls watch the ballgames from these chairs. Of course, they watch other tv shows, too. The primary use for these, however, is storage for their MANY stuffed animals. This was my DD's idea. What a good one!!!! There's never room for all of those cute, but bundlesome animals that make their way into a household, especially one with 3 little girls. These have liner bags so when the outside gets dirty the animals still have a home while they are being washed.


Okay, I have procrastinated long enough.... to the sewing machine I go!

8 comments:

BeeBee said...

Um, GO VOLS!

gwensews said...

I love all those fabrics! You are a go-getter for sure! Cute dresses! Good luck on your new business journey. Seems like you are off to a great start!

Trudy said...

I'm so happy for you that your deadline was extended.

www.sewingwithtrudy.blogspot.com

quer|elastisch Sabine Sprotte said...

Makes just more fun to sew relaxed, glad to hear about the extention. Congratulations for this job and lots of fun with it ***nosy for the pictures***.

As well a good time at your last lunch.

Lovely little girls in there new dresses. (-:

Goosegirl said...

Julia, what a relief to get a bit more time. You are going to be one busy girl! I can't wait to see it all in pics.

Zep said...

Isn't it nice to find time.
Cute kids. It's fun to watch them play. Sometimes I'm in awe of mine then they start fighting and ruin it all for me :) be good to yourself with your free time.

window dressing said...

Love the bean bag idea. Very creative. I am sure the kids love 'em!

megannielsen said...

Great news! I can never figure out how you get so much done Julia! The fabrics you have laid out are so pretty, can't wait to see the finished product

Favorite Posts

big list of sewing blogs

Big list of Sewing blogs - I'm in, are you?
I'm listed in the big list of sewing blogs Sponsors Advertise on sewing-blogs.com
Julias Sew Sweet
How to Sew
Place your vote for Julias Sew Sweet and find more How to Sew at Seamingly.com.










Attitude of Gratitude Award