I did it!
I'm so proud of the computer skills Im learning through having this blog! I worked for several days to get a slideshow on my blog sidebar. I asked Cindy how to do it. She told me how she got hers on and then encouraged me to persevere until I got it. So I did and I got it!! Yea!!
Limerick - "There Was An Old Sewer"
There was an old sewing blogger who wanted to show what she could do,
But about anything technological she didn't have a clue.
She wanted a slide show on her site.
She worked and worked till she got it right.
Now her sewing creations can be seen on her sidebar, Woo-Hoo!
I'm finished with my friend's grandson's outfit, almost. I haven't made the buttonholes or sewn on the buttons on the shirt. I wanted to get this post done so I could start sewing and not stop. Now, I've got her grand daughter's dress to make.
Since the little fellow is a typically active two year old, his grandmom wanted a onesy type shirt that would stay tucked in no matter what he does.
These are the patterns I used. I made the vest and the shorts from Butterick 6894 and actually followed the pattern almost exactly. That was weird, because I never do that. I read the pattern directions and everything! I made the shirt using Simplicity 3852 which had this bubble suit kind-of shirt. I didn't put the bands abound the legs and I cut it up a little higher on the sides of the leg openings. I lined the back yoke which was not in the pattern. I added cuffs to the sleeves. I used velcro as the crotch closure. I also finished the seams with bias tape as shown above.