Little Man is going to be very dapper this winter. I made this coat using Simplicity pattern 2526. I only made one minor adjustment. The pattern has a front facing, but I lined the whole coat instead. I really like this pattern. It is pictured at the bottom of this post. I like the girl's version, too.
This photo shows the vent on the back. The picture is blurry, but I think you can see it well enough.
This houndstooth wool blend is the softest fabric that you can imagine! I lined the coat with a thin black wool blend that I had in my stash. When one of my dear friends went through her mother's things after her death, she found some great fabric. She brought me this wool, along with some other beautiful pieces.
The shirt is made from Simplicity 5366 and says that it is "easy to sew". I will not make this pattern again! The shirt front was not wide enough for the collar stand and collar to fit, so I cut the collar pieces down. Well, that was a mistake, because then the neck was way too small. I cut out these pieces again, this time adding to the front center. There is not a back yoke. I could have added one, and would if I was making this again. I was so excited to find a dress shirt pattern that would fit our little man now that he can wear a size 3 with a few alterations! I've always just made up his patterns for shirts. I guess I'll stay on the look out for a pattern that I like. The fabric is a simple solid gray cotton.
His pants are made using Butterick 6894. I've used this pattern before. I really like it. It has a real front zipper and side pockets. It goes together very easily. These are made from the same black fabric that lines his coat. I lined the pants with a black satin lining fabric. I was afraid they would be itchy if I didn't. The pants are actually pinned to the shirt in this photo so they would stay on. That's why they look kind of droopy.
His tie is made from the leftover fabric from his big cousin, Miss J's dress. I used the red side, as I guess you can see. Her dress will be from the black side. This is a faux tie. I made it with a Velcro closure underneath the collar in the back.
This is just a shot of the inside of his coat showing the lining.
These are the patterns that I used.