This is the collar. It is made from a linen napkin. I'm hoping the points will line up like I think they will. This picture is not very clear. It's difficult to see the hand appliqued design on the front of the collar. It is the same as that on the sleeves below.Above are the sleeves. Combined I was able to get the sleeves made from only two napkins. I abutted the finished edges of the napkins to make the "Vee" shape and sewed with my machine's feather stitch. I also used my wing needle to make the holes along the edge of the clean finished hem that I made. I was trying to copy the look of the napkins' hems. I'm not sure if I am going to gather the sleeve hems. I'm leaning toward, "no". I'll see how they look once they are in the dress.
Update on my brother:
He is making some progress according to the doctor this morning based on the three blood tests they are doing each day. He is beginning to get anxious to get out of the hospital. He will be on antibiotic IVs at home for at least 6 weeks. Home Health will come to his house to help. I was wrong about one thing, they put permanent parts back in his hip on Monday rather than temporary. I don't know where I got my info, but it was wrong. I may have imagined it. Anyway, they are hoping not to have to go back in to redo any of this. He was told yesterday that there is a 50% chance that this will work. Pray, pray, pray that he doesn't have to go through all of this again!! I thank you for all the prayers and well wishes. I know it makes me feel better to know that people all across the world care what happens to my brother.
I have more done on the dress, but this is all I've had time to take photos of so far.