Friday, October 2, 2009

If You Don't Like Feet Don't Go Here!

As you know, if you've been following my blog, I
had foot surgery about 11 weeks ago. Here are the
before and after photos. Boy, do I ever need a pedicure!!!
Even though, I still have quite a bit of swelling and can only wear my "lovely" tennis shoes, you can see the difference the surgery made. Actually, I do have a pair of brown Sketchers that I can wear for a little while.
I didn't realize until looking at these photos side by side how much that bunion did stick out there!! You can barely see my scars. That one on top of my foot is from where he fixed my second toe. It was pulling up and over, as you can see.
My niece is getting married in a few weeks and I was hoping to be able to wear a regular shoe by then, but I don't think so. I decided to buy dark brown long, flowing pants and not worry about my shoes. I'm going to wear the pants for the rehearsal and the wedding and just change the tops. I'll probably wear the Sketchers. The other alternative is to wear a decent shoe on my other foot and wear the smaller boot that I was wearing on this foot. That's what I did for one dressy event we went to lately. What do you think?
My niece will understand, and probably won't even notice what Aunt Julia wears. She'll have enough to think about without that.
I have a cute little skirt made for Riley and almost have a pair of pajama pants made for Little Man. I'll get photos of those posted soon. Then it's on to my friend's nieces outfits. I've put that off long enough, now.
My father in law is having surgery on both hands for carpal tunnel syndrome as I type this. My husband took him. He just had knee replacement a few months ago.

7 comments:

Claudia said...

Hi Julia! It looks like that foot surgery was successful! Glad all went well.

I saw the beautiful hills surrounding Chattanooga as I was flying in to the city. It looks so pretty.

Unfortunately, I probably won't be able to see much as I don't have a car and will be at rehearsals all day. I am off to do a little walking around to see what I can see!

Trudy said...

Wow! What a difference in the before and after photos. God bless you.

I think you should wear whatever you would be most comfortable in. I think everyone will be paying attention to the bride and will not be concerned with what you wear on your feet. I think you'll look nice regardless of what you decide. You don't need to be miserable for several hours.

Goosegirl said...

Oh Julia, my feet hurt just looking at the photos. I so pray that you are comfortable in whatever shoes you choose. OOOOOOOOWW!!!

The little outfits are darling!

gwensews said...

It pains me to look at your poor foot! I have a bunion on one foot, not as bad as yours was, but probably it will get worse. I see your big toe is crooked--mine is also. I would go to the wedding in whatever footwear is most comfortable. And have a good time. Can you dance now?

window dressing said...

Looking at the first picture I can only imagine how painful it must have been for you but I am glad you are healing nicely.

My advice for the wedding is that you should wear what will be most comfortable for you regardless how it would look to others. You should be able to move around with ease.

Another idea would be to use your imagination and skill to see if the Sketchers could be decorated or embelished in any way for the wedding. Just a thought.

Unknown said...

Your op sure made a big difference to your foot. I think I'd wear the Sketchers if I were you. I've got a pair and they are so comfy I hardly ever have them off my feet! LOL I'm a comfort girl nowadays. Have a good weekend. Pam xx

ittybittyandpretty said...

i am 37 and i have bunions like that!! i have had for as long as i can remember and some days (hot or cold) they ache so much it is uunbearable. i guess one day i will have to have someone look at them.
glad that you are on the mend.
xxrosey

Favorite Posts

big list of sewing blogs

Big list of Sewing blogs - I'm in, are you?
I'm listed in the big list of sewing blogs Sponsors Advertise on sewing-blogs.com
Julias Sew Sweet
How to Sew
Place your vote for Julias Sew Sweet and find more How to Sew at Seamingly.com.










Attitude of Gratitude Award