Friday, October 2, 2009

Firetrucks and Argyle!

I don't usually post twice in one day, but I got these done, so I decided to go ahead and post about them. Besides, not too many people want to see the before and after pictures of my foot. If you do, you can check out my last post. It's pretty amazing how much difference there is.
Can you tell that this pattern has been well used over the years? This is one I haven't gotten into a file jacket yet. I used the pants from this Simplicity 5316 to make Little Man some pajama pants. Very simple!! I bought a Garanimals shirt at Walmart and appliqued a firetruck on it to make the pajamas complete. Little Man's daddy is a volunteer fireman, and we are very proud of him, hence the firetruck fabric.



I finally got a picture of Riley's skirt that I made. I used this Simplicity Lizzie McGuire #4563 pattern. How easy this was!!! I found this argyle fabric at Hobby Lobby and just had to get it. I have another piece that's green and pink. I'll probably make Emory something from that one. I bought the long sleeved tee shirt and leggings at Walmart. I wanted light blue to match the ribbon detail, but there were no blue shirts or leggings. So, I went with the brown.


8 comments:

Trudy said...

Love the fire trucks. Very cute.

gwensews said...

Really cute pjs! I wish Little Man sweet dreams in those. That little skirt is just darling. Ever think about getting your designs published? I would send in pics to Threads or Sew Beautiful.

Anonymous said...

So cute! And my eldest would love the argyle!!

window dressing said...

Love the pj's they are so adorable. Also love the skirt. So cute!!!! I am partial to brown so I love the color match you did with the leggings and skirt.

Jackie's Stitches said...

The ribbon trim on the skirt is perfect!

How do you get so much done?! Share your secrets! :)

Anonymous said...

I've nominated you for an award because I love your blog so much. Please come to my blog to get so you can put it on your blog. Thanks.

Emily of Super Stitches, Age 9

sonoemi said...

Brown is cool! Very nice!

natasha-nolan said...

Oh..I just love the fire truck jammies! Nolan loves fire trucks and cute boy jammies are often hard to find. I told L. when we were at the beach that I might have to get you to make Nolan some cute snack bags :) Hope all is well with you!!

Favorite Posts

big list of sewing blogs

Big list of Sewing blogs - I'm in, are you?
I'm listed in the big list of sewing blogs Sponsors Advertise on sewing-blogs.com
Julias Sew Sweet
How to Sew
Place your vote for Julias Sew Sweet and find more How to Sew at Seamingly.com.










Attitude of Gratitude Award