Thursday, October 22, 2009

Add-On to this post!!! New Patterns and fabric for Christmas Clothing

Hobby Lobby was having a sale on patterns. All Simplicity patterns were $1.98, and the McCall's were 40% off. So, even though I really don't need more patterns necessarily, I bought some. I rarely use a pattern as it is intended, but I like to have different styles so I can mix and match tops, bottoms, bodices, skirts, and get the sizing right. I'm trying to get more of the bigger girl sizes. I have lots of little bitties, but Kellen and Jenna are in sizes 8 and 10 now.

This is the fabric for Little Man's suit and shirt for Christmas. He will have a taupe herringbone suit with the off white shirt. I'm not sure about a tie and/or vest yet.



The girls will have this chocolate brown taffeta. It doesn't show up very well in this photo. Little man may have a taffeta vest and/or tie. We'll see. I may or may not use some of my antique linens to embellish these dresses. If I do, I'll probably tea dye them so they won't be so white. I will probably use some that have a blue trim, but what will the blue look like after it's tea dyed? Hum......? I may just have to experiment a little. Then again, I may trim with off white and blue by using piping and/or smocking, or embroidery. I don't know yet. I plan to start on these next
week.

My sister is coming for the weekend so she can visit our mom. I'm cleaning, doing laundry, and working in the yard today. Oh yeah, I also baked a cake. I NEVER bake, but we picked all those apples when we were up in the NE the week before last and I decided to make an apple cake. YUMMMMMMM.......!!!!! It smells so good!!! We'll take some to my husband's parents so we won't eat all of it ourselves. It took 6 cups of diced apples and that didn't make a dent in them, so I've got to do something with the rest of them. Any ideas???

I got my floors clean, my yard work done, and I'm in the process of getting the laundry done. So, I had a few minutes to sew up this little bunny costume for Riley's American Girl Bitty Baby. I hope she isn't disappointed because she asked for a RAINBOW BUNNY COSTUME. But, when I looked in my stash I remembered the scraps left over from Jenna's little birthday outfit. I decided that a soft, fluffy bunny would be great. I hope Riley agrees. My daughter will have to show her these photos before I send them so I know if this is okay or not. BTW my cake tastes as good as it smells!!!!! Since I NEVER bake I didn't know how it would be.



Now, to the valances that I am going to make from my daughter's curtains. Her husband has a new home office. My daughter swapped curtains in her family room after I recovered her couch. There are 4 panels and they have 6 windows that need valances. I'm going to make 3 valences from each panel, so that each window will have 2 panels of fullness. Easy.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Apple Cake!!! Yummy. I made a pie/cobbler type dessert with some that my mom brought me. She likes to cook them in the oven with brown sugar and butter by themselves.

I love your new fabrics and am glad you caught the patterns on sale!

Unknown said...

Apple cake sound good. Have you got a recipe I could have because we don't have apple cake in the UK and I love baking.

Trudy said...

Great patterns and cute bunny.

Looking forward to seeing what you make for the big girls since my Emily is around their age. I can probably get some ideas from you.

gwensews said...

Butcher, Baker, Candlestick Maker--reminds me of you Julia! You do it all, and so well! I know you'll make beautiful Christmas outfits for your grands. I thought I would have sewing time this week, but my DH had a medical emergency so I've spent the entire week in the hospital with him or shuffling back and forth.

Favorite Posts

big list of sewing blogs

Big list of Sewing blogs - I'm in, are you?
I'm listed in the big list of sewing blogs Sponsors Advertise on sewing-blogs.com
Julias Sew Sweet
How to Sew
Place your vote for Julias Sew Sweet and find more How to Sew at Seamingly.com.










Attitude of Gratitude Award