Trudy who along with her daughters, Kimberly and Emily, has been one of my blogger buddies for a LONG time. She recently rewarded me with this wonderful award. Trudy is a home schooler mom who is amazing! If you aren't familiar with her blog and her daughters, you have to check them out. I am supposed to tell ten things about myself that you don't already know and send it on to more bloggers. I'm not sure I can thing of ten INTERESTING THINGS to tell you about myself, but I'll try.
1. I love to sew. Oops, I guess you already knew that. But, I have decide that what I like to sew best are things that are a challenge to my creative side, like Halloween costumes.
2. I love to sew with old things. I guess you knew that, too. I love to handle the hand made handkerchiefs, napkins, tablecloths, tea towels, pillow cases, etc.... that someone from a previous generation has made, and then to use it in something new that I make.
3. I love my grandchildren. Oh, I guess you know that, too. Enough said!
4. I love my three girls. Yeah, I know, I know, you already know that, too, but you know what, the most important things to me are the things I want people to know about me.
5. I have been married to my best friend for nearly 38 years. We went to elementary, junior high, high school, and college together. We started dating our senior year after getting in trouble together in our health class. That's a story for another day.
6. I love to paint, draw, etc..., but not seriously. This is just for fun! I don't claim to be a real artist.
7. I go to the nursing home, usually twice a day, to feed my mother. You already knew that, too. Most of you know that I have another blog where I write my reflections that I have concerning this part of my life.
8. I have a 19 year old cat. She drives me crazy, in that she can still jump up on our kitchen counters, but she is otherwise pitiful!
9. My father-in-law lives next door to us. My mother-in-law just died in April. My fil is adjusting well. He's a busy man.
10. My girls live far, far away from us, so we travel as much as possible. We have 6 grands and another on the way. Some are in the New England area and some are out West. It is hard, but we make sure that we are close to them anyway. We have three wonderful son-in-laws. That is a blessing!
Now, I'm supposed to pass this award along to other bloggers. This will require some thought on my part and some linking and all that stuff, so I'm going to come back to this part tomorrow.
I also have my granddaugter's Medusa costume finished and ready to show you after I take a few photos. I made three different snaky wigs before I was satisfied. The dress was much easier.
Let me tell you, though, that I would rather be making these fun challenging costumes than anything else in the world. IT. IS. FUN.
I am going to get to make a Christening gown for one of my daughter's best friend's baby girl. I received an heirloom handkerchief in the mail this week to use in the design some way. I have a couple of different ideas. I just have to make up my mind which I like best. The mom has sent me some pictures of dresses she likes, so I am formulating a plan using the things she likes best from each of them. FUN!FUN! FUN!