Hi! I hope everyone had as great of a Thanksgiving as I did. We had lots of family and lots of food!! We've invited the in-laws over to help us eat some of the left overs for lunch on Friday.
One of our daughters, her husband, and their Little Man came down for a few days. They left yesterday. My sister was also here for a few days. She left today. It's pretty quiet here, now.
Now for the titled post!
Yes, folks, those are birds flying in, around, behind, and through that tree. Those are not leaves. There is not one leaf left on that tree. There were literally thousands of birds flying around my back yard yesterday. When they all took off it sounded like thunder!!!
Who remembers the movie, "The Birds" by Alfred Hitchcock???? I watched it and was terrified. A few days later a couple of birds got in our chimney and down into the fireplace that had been covered for a few months. My grandmother took the cover off the front of the fireplace, and those birds got loose in our house!!! I have had a terrible fear ever since then!! Needless to say, my hands were shaking while taking these pictures, but I think you can get the idea!!
What's the loneliest sight you ever saw? This is mine right now. My daughter, son-in-law, and husband put this tire swing on one of our trees a couple of days ago. The Little Man was not a happy camper when he saw his mom out on the high limb tying the rope to hold it there. Yes, my daughter climbed the tree rather than one of the men, because she said she knew she could climb it better than they could. It was fun seeing Little Man and my great nieces playing on it, but it will just hang there until more of the grands come to visit. I really can't see me or my husband "Just a Swangin' "!!!
Sandra at Crazy Mom Tats awarded me this week!
Scrap means left over, fragments, discarded material. Many times truth and honesty are discarded material, considered fragments and left over. People like us need to tell it like it is, and let the scraps fall where they will.
Here are the rules:
1. Thank the person who gave the award and list their blog and link it.
2. Share "10 Honest Things" about yourself.
3. Present this award to 7 others whose blogs you find brilliant in content and/or design, or those who have encouraged you.
4. Tell those 7 people they've been awarded Honest Scrap and inform them of these guidelines in receiving the award.
I'm not sure I can think of ten honest things about myself to tell you because I already tell it like it is, but let me give it a try. Hum.....
1) I love spiders. I know that most people think I'm really weird, but I love that they weave such beautiful webs and that they eat insects that I don't like.
2) I don't like rodents like rats and mice!!!!! Ugh!!!
3) I could eat a whole pan of shortbread by myself.
4) I could eat a whole loaf of regular bread by myself.
5) I want a Boston Terrier, but I won't get one because I want to travel to see my daughters and their families often and don't want to board a dog. I guess we could travel with it, but that wouldn't be practical. Besides we have a cat who is 18 1/2 years old who would not take kindly to a new pet.
6) I just went on Facebook. I was on for a couple of weeks a few months ago, but felt that I didn't have time, but I'm trying it again.
7) I didn't used to be a patient person at all, but having lived with my husband for 37 years I have learned to be patient about lots of things. I still have to work on this sometimes.
8) I would love to perform in musicals, but don't have the time nor the talent that would require.
9) I played the part of Moonbeam McSwine in "Little Abner" when I was in college.
10) I was the kind of little girl who wanted to wear frilly dresses and play in the sand and explore in the woods!
Now, to try to award only seven other bloggers. Anyone who has ever tried to narrow down to only 7 bloggers who deserve an award know what I'm going through as I do this. I read many of your blogs almost daily. You know who you are because I leave comments very often. So, if you aren't on this list please know that I love your blog, too. Here goes:
1. Gail - She is in the process of making the most gorgeous formal gown for her daughter. You have to see it!!!
2. Sarah - She made these really nice fingerless mittens. I left her a comment that I really could use some of those because of the arthritis in my hands. So, she sent me a pair. See below!!!
3. Serena - She and I have formed an email friendship. Some people just connect because of similar backgrounds.
4. Katie - This is one busy lady who not only sews, she's also a pediatrician!!
5. Mermaid - This lady volunteers to do all kinds of things for the high school that her son attends: makes costumes for plays, works the door at performances, etc.... You name it, she does it. But, she is encouraging her budding designer son to sew, and he's very talented.
6. Gwen - She will probably receive this award from bunches of you because she is so generous with her encouraging remarks. She is such a talented sewist!!! She puts such detail in her work!
7. Faye - She will also probably receive this from others. She is on a quest to make the most tops in one month of all times!!! She is breaking all kinds of records and she has made ruffles!!
8. Cindy - Another blogger who will be getting this from many others. She teaches sewing and has the luckiest students ever. They are really learning all the basics and beyond!
9. Back Porch Blessings - The name of her blog says it all. She's been through more hard times than anyone should ever be, but she looks at the bright side of things.
10. Trudy - She is a very encouraging blogger who is raising the most amazing children. She's also a great artist. I'm going to send this link to her new blog.
I knew I couldn't stop at 7! It was very difficult to stop at all. I hope these ten friends will pass this on to others since I had to stop at some point.
Here's the photo of the fingerless mitten. Can you see how it will help with my arthritis that is mostly in my thumb joints? I saw these for sale at Hobby Lobby for this use.
Summer Quilt In Progress...
8 hours ago