I had my surgery on Monday. I got through it ok. I am in more pain than I expected. I guess I really didn't know what to expect. I went back to the doctor today, and he thought it looked ok. I don't know when I'll try to get downstairs to sew or work on my computer (I'm on my husband's laptop, now). I will probably get down there the beginning of next week. I have some sewing projects that I really need to get to soon.
1. Emory's birthday is coming up toward the end of August. I'm going to make her the red "Little Orphan Annie" dress, a couple of gowns, some dress-up clothes, etc....
2. I have purse organizers to make for my blogger friends.
3. I have a suit and a pair of pants to alter for my friend's dad. He is handicapped and needs a suit to wear to a wedding. He doesn't want a new one, so I'm going to try to put a little ease in the jacket and make the pants easier to get on and off. I have a pair of his khakis to fix, as well.
4. One of the ladies who works at the nursing home has a daughter getting married in September. I get to make her grandson's outfit to wear while riding in a wagon down the isle. I think he'll have a little 3 piece suit. He'll be about 9 months old.
5. Another lady at the nursing home has two grand daughters (3 years and 7 years) who she wants me to sew for. Yes, I know I was not going to do simple little cute things like this anymore, but how do I say, "No"?
6. Halloween costumes for the grands are on my list, as well. I know that Kellen wants to be Pocahontas, and Jenna wants to be Sacajawea. I don't know what the others want yet. I will have to research the difference in the two Indian ladies.
7. I will need to think of making something for Jenna's birthday before too long.
8. Christmas dresses and an outfit for Little Man won't be too far behind.
This weekend, my husband and I are hosting some Japanese teenage girls who are coming here with a hand bell choir. They are going to play at lots of venues in our area over the weekend, our church being one of the places. I first said, "No," when I was called last night to see if some of the girls could stay with us, because of my foot, but my husband really wanted to let them stay here. I would, too, any other time. I really don't mind, though. My friend is hosting some of the boys who are coming, and she has invited us to join them at her house for a cookout tomorrow night. We will need to feed them on Saturday morning, and since my husband has to go to work early on Saturday, I will do a simple Continental type breakfast with pastries, fruit, etc.... My husband will cook for them on Sunday morning. I can't drive yet, so my husband and others will have to get them to the places they have to go to meet their group and bring them to our house. I don't know how many girls we'll have here yet, but either 3, 4, or 7! I have room for that many upstairs if they don't mind sleeping 2 to a bed and a couple of them will have to be on a sleeper sofa. I don't want to deal with getting my downstairs ready since I can't get down there. It should be fun to have them here, though.
♥♥ Minnak işler ♥♥
14 minutes ago