Friday, August 20, 2010

Party Time!

Tomorrow is Almost 3's birthday party!  Her birthday isn't for a few more days, but Saturday is the best day for a party with little ones.  We are hoping the weather will be okay, meaning not TOO HOT for the little ones to play outside with water balloons, etc... for a little while.  There will be tons of indoor balloons, too.  She wants a FLAMINGO party, so we have made lots of flamingo decorations.  One of my daughters makes invitations and all kinds of party things.  For this party, she made the cupcake toppers.  They are perfect!  I'll get pictures.  Little one wants blue cake with pink iciing.  Her mom made some with pink, but she also used light green and light orange on some of them.  She has these really neat striped trays, etc... that she likes to use for parties.  The colors are matching these serving dishes.  Almost 3 just went to bed, so as soon as her baby sis has been fed, the decorating begins.  We are surprising little one with all the festive decorations.  She has seen none of them!  She will be so excited.  Her best little friends are coming to help her celebrate.
I'll be home the middle of next week, so life will get back to normal.  Well, normal for me.  My sister, husband, and cousins have been sharing the nursing home duties while I've been gone.  My sister is staying at our house while we are here to celebrate this birthday.  She tells me that things are really bad with Mother right now.  The staff is encouraging taking Mother to a hospital to try to get her meds adjusted, or whatever it is that is causing her to have the issues with yelling, crying, etc... that she is having.  If you've been reading my blog for a while, you know that we did this once already and had a horrible experience, so I'm not so sure this is the right thing to do.  The hospital, (a different one from last time) doctor has said he does not think Mother is a candidate for this program.  I am really scared that the nursing home administrator is going to tell us that they can no longer care for Mother because of her yelling.  She is causing a disturbance, so I understand, but what in the world will we do if that happens?  Please pray, if you are a praying sort of person, that this won't happen and that Mother will find peace of mind. 

8 comments:

Crazy Mom! said...

I think that when your mother sees you again, things will start to go better for her. But you ARE in my prayers....

Karen said...

Praying here! I feel for you and your mom, too!

Sewconsult said...

Prayers and a huge hug. I hope things improve with your mom.
Beckie

Susan said...

I know this is hard on you...especially since it's happening while you are so far away from home. I'm keeping you and your mother in my prayers!

BeeBee said...

I'm sorry to hear about your mom, you're in my thoughts. And happy birthday to the almost 3, I'm looking forward to the photos. I want to see the cake. I once made a Batman cake. Do you have any idea how much food coloring it takes to make navy icing?

Trudy said...

Julia, I am praying.

Erlinda said...

Prayers are being said over here. Happy Birthday to your grand daughter, enjoy your time with her.

Kim said...

Julia- I am praying for you and your Mother also- she never leaves my prayers. I hope that she settles down a bit when you get home- I wish I could give you a hug or physically help you in some way. I send you my love.

Favorite Posts

big list of sewing blogs

Big list of Sewing blogs - I'm in, are you?
I'm listed in the big list of sewing blogs Sponsors Advertise on sewing-blogs.com
Julias Sew Sweet
How to Sew
Place your vote for Julias Sew Sweet and find more How to Sew at Seamingly.com.










Attitude of Gratitude Award