Sunday, March 20, 2011

Stylish?? Me??????

I was awarded this Stylish Blogger Award by Sherry, at Blessings From Our Nest!  
She reminds me a bit of myself in that she's been married over 38 years and has children and grandchildren she loves very much!  She's also into : sewing, gardening, embroidery, reading, crocheting.  These, with exception of gardening are things I am also into.  She is a master, though, whereas I'm still a novice!  If you aren't already her follower, click on this link RIGHT NOW!  I promise you won't be sorry!!!!  

Rules of this Award
1.  Thank and link back to the person giving the award
2.  Share 7 things about me.
3.  Pass this award to other bloggers I have recently discovered and think are fantastic.
4.  Contact these bloggers to tell them I have awarded them.

Seven things about me:
uhhhhhhhh..................I can't think of one interesting thing to tell that I haven't already told in some other post during the 2 years and 4 months that I've been blogging.
So, I'll tell you about my 7 amazing grandchildren instead.
1.  Miss K is nearly 11 and has a very definite sense of style.  She knows what she wants, that is she knows EXACTLY what she wants.  She has a BEAUTIFUL singing voice and is an artist exemplar!  She doesn't like math.  She loves blue.
2.  Miss J is 8 1/2 years old.  She used to only wear dresses, but then she found out it's more fun to play on the playground in pants.  She, too, has a BEAUTIFUL singing voice and is also an artist exemplar!  She loves school.  She is fearless!
3.  Miss R is 5 years old.  She is the funniest little girl in the world.  She is always doing such hilarious things.  An example is - today her daddy burned a bagel.  She came running down the stairs yelling, "I smell smoke.  DROP and ROLL!"  Then she laid down on the kitchen floor and started rolling.  Yesterday, after dinner she told her mommy that her tummy hurt and the only thing that would make it stop would be chocolate!
4.  Lil' E is 3 1/2 years old.  Talk about fearless.  This child jumped off the diving board when she was just 2.  She took swimming lessons at age 2 and just jumped right in on the first day. By the end of the session she was swimming, well, more or less.  She's very proud of her baby sister. She's moving to be a little closer to granmomma, soon.
5.  Lil' B is 8 mos. old.  She started crawling and pulling up to a standing position about a month ago.  She has the biggest blue eyes!!!!  She likes to eat shoes and dog food if her mommy doesn't keep them out of reach!  She's also moving to be closer to granmomma.
6.  Big Little Man is nearly 3!  Oh my, those three years have gone by quickly!  He is a bundle of muscular energy!!!!  He loves the out of doors!  He loves to HELP his mom and dad cook.  He loves to torture his dog, who is very patient with him! He also loves riding the tractor with his Papaw (great granddad). 
7.  Little Little Man is 4 mos. old.  He is very curious and likes to watch what his big brother is doing.  He is cuddly and loves to laugh.  I'm sure that as soon as he is able, he'll be getting into big brother's cars, trucks, trains, etc......


Now, to award some bloggers whom I have recently found and think are fantastic:
Nana's Just Bananas  She's another grandmother who likes to sew for her grands.  She has made some gorgeous little dresses.  Her blog is fairly new.  She just began in October '10.  Be sure to check her out.
Bugaboo mini mr & me  She has some new linky thing going on all the time.  She and her blogger friend  have just started a YARN LINKY party.  Fun!
Stitchbird  She is starting a fabric business.  She is a very clever, creative lady who comes up with all kinds of new ideas for decorating.
A Creative Dreamer  I've found her very recently, too.  She posts tutorials for some fantastically creative projects.  I think she's a Southern gal, like me.

7 comments:

ACreativeDreamer said...

Well, I am so surprised, how very sweet of you! Thanks so much... I will do my best to get this accomplished this week!

Unknown said...

Julia, loved your share of the wee ones. You are oe talented lady, trust me.

Happy Spring ~
TTFN ~
Hugs,
Marydon

gwensews said...

I missed your last post. I love that you used decorative stitches for the ribbon. I seldom use my stitches, either. What a shame.

Needled Mom said...

It was so much fun to read about your grands!!! Very sweet!

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Hi Julia,

Thanks for leaving a comment on my silk scarf dying post.

I see you're a fan of Creative Dreamer June also. She's amazing.

Your 7 (!) grand-kids must be the best dressed kids in town.

Love your blog. I'll be back!

Kim said...

awwwww...how fun to read about your grandchildren instead! I'm so happy for you that some are moving a little closer! I got my package Julia--thank you so much!!! I'm going to try to blog about the extras you sent today- they are so adorable- love them!!! You are such a wonderful friend- I am grateful for you today ♥

Teri said...

Hi Julie I got a question for you I did everything it said to do but I can't grab the button. Do you send it to me?

Favorite Posts

big list of sewing blogs

Big list of Sewing blogs - I'm in, are you?
I'm listed in the big list of sewing blogs Sponsors Advertise on sewing-blogs.com
Julias Sew Sweet
How to Sew
Place your vote for Julias Sew Sweet and find more How to Sew at Seamingly.com.










Attitude of Gratitude Award