Since my husband still has his camera, I can't take pictures of my giveaway stuff, but I'll tell you what all is included!
1. 2 baby bibs to cross stitch (These are not antique, but I'll never make them)
2. Hand crocheted doily
3. 2 antique open worked doilies
4. 1 small circular linen doily with beautiful lace edging
5. 5 hand embroidered antique handkerchiefs.
6. 2 appr. 12 inch lengths of antique lace
7. 1 yellow linen open worked tea towel
8. 1 crocheted daisy
9. Set of 12 antique lace medallions. I've used these as insets in girls' dresses.
10. 8 antique crocheted buttons
Be sure to leave a comment on this post or one of my last two posts. If you were one of my first 100 followers be sure to remind me. You will be entered twice. If you become a new follower, you will be entered, as well.
I finally have begun making the blankets that I promised to make when I posted my 100th post and got my 50th follower. I promised to make 5 blankets in honor of all of my followers and my grand children. Then, when I hit my first year anniversary, I promised to make another blanket. This one will also be in honor of our grand child that will be born this summer.
I have 5 done and am starting the 6th one when I get off the computer.
I will take pictures of them before taking them to the Department of Human Services here in my county. I was going to send them to the Linus Project, but someone told me that they are always in need of things for children. Sometimes they have to take a child from a meth lab home and they can't take any of their belongings, so I think blankets would be something they could use.
I am giving one blanket to a family that has a 3 week old baby. A lady at church told us about this little family and their desperate situation. We have taken up $$$ and baby stuff for them.
I saw this on a blog a few days ago. I'm ashamed to say that I don't remember whose blog it was, but I thought I'd put it on mine on a day when I didn't have much else to post.
A- Age: 57 for another month or so!
B- Bedsize: King and love it!
C- Chore you hate: Changing the cat litter! Phew!!!!!
D- Dog's name: No dog. We have a cat named Vanilla Ripple who is 19 years old!
E- Essential Food: Bread of any kind!!!
F- Favorite Color: Green especially if it is with purple and yellow
G- Gold or Silver: Silver and Gold
H- Height: 5' 5.5"
I- I am: A wife, momma, granmomma, sister, cousin, friend
J- Job: Retired teacher
K- Kids: 3 daughters, 3 son-in-laws, and 5 grand children with one more on the way!
L- Living Arrangement: Married for 37 years to my high school sweetheart who I've known since 1st grade!
M- Money: Could always use more!!!
N- Nickname: My cousin used to call me Pud, short for Puddin' (I think)
O- Overnight Stay in Hospital: When I had my third c-section 27 years ago
P- Pet peeves: People who don't honor commitments I wish I would quit committing to stuff!
Q- Quote from a Movie: Courage is doing things you are afraid to do......paraphrased from Wizard of Oz
R- Right or Left Handed: Right
S- Siblings: 2, a brother and a sister, but I have 5 cousins who are more sibling than cousin!
T- Time to Wake: It varies, I'm retired!!!!
U- Unique thing about your vehicle: It's a recalled Toyota
V- Vegetable you hate:Peppers
W- Why you run late: I get busy and forget to look at the clock
X- X-rays you've had: The last one was on my foot
Y- Yummy foods you make: Shortbread
Z- Zoo Animal favorite: Gosh I don't know. I can't think of one I don't like
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Favorite Posts
-
If you followed my blog back in the fall, you know that my machine first got dropped, then fixed, then went up in smoke due to a power surge...
-
This is what I've decided to do for the bodice of Miss J's dress. This is the dress that has the Boutis technique on the bottom of...
-
Here's my original list that I made right after Easter. After marking off some projects and adding others, I couldn't read it anymo...
-
This tells why I did it. My mom is at the nursing home where this fence surrounds a picnic area. My husband's mom, his grandfather, an...
-
I finally got the Fall pictures painted on the windows at the nursing home. I didn't want to paint something that screamed Halloween or...
-
At least for now, I don't have time for blogging. I may be back in the future, but probably not. If I'm not, I want those of you w...
-
Seeing as how it is Sunday morning, and I need to go up to get ready for church, I don't have time for much explanation, but I wanted to...
-
I was walking through Walmart the other day, when I saw the bandanas. They just kind of spoke to me, and said, "We will make cool, cut...
-
An eighth grader who is on the puppet team and in our youth group at my church asked me to make a "Little House on the Prairie" ty...
-
.........2 more that just need buttons. The boys' pants just need hems, buttons, and button holes. Next will be boys' jackets and ...
I'm listed in the big list of sewing blogs
Sponsors
Advertise on sewing-blogs.com
Attitude of Gratitude Award


6 comments:
thank you for your comment.
I want to know where you get your energy, lady! I spent the day with my grands, and let me tell you, they wore me out. Tomorrow, my DH is meeting with his sister, and together, they have to tell their 96 year old mother that she has to be admitted to the nursing home. I don't envy them.
I could live on bread and butter. I think it's my favorite food too. I can't think of anything better smelling than bread baking!
I love your post....You've got some energy...I wish I have half of that, I am always exhausted by the end of the day after dealing with my little kiddos....Great job
lovely to get to know a bit more about you. happy easter.
xxrosey
Hi,
I just found your blog today and I am enjoying reading it. I love reading "memes" to get to know people. I sew, too, so I love getting inspiration from other people's creations.
Post a Comment