Sunday, July 19, 2009

New boot!


Yeah that's right, just one boot! I'm really going to be stylin' for the rest of the summer in my new boot. I think it weighs about 20 lbs. Argggg..... Tomorrow is the day for my surgery. I'm having a bunion and a hammer toe fixed. I also have a terrible neuroma in that foot, a bunion on the pinky toe, and misaligned bones that are protruding on the outside of my foot. He thinks that I have torn tendons where those protruding bones meet. Whatever, it hurts!!! He is only willing to do the bunion and hammer toe at one time, though. He thinks that will alleviate some of the other issues. I will probably have to go back to have the neuroma taken out later.
My computer and sewing rooms are in my basement so I don't know when I'll get to sew or blog. I'm sure it will be a few days, though. I don't know how easy the stairs will be to maneuver.
An up-date on my little great niece who I told you about in my last post. She is okay, but they did find a hairline fracture in her hip. It didn't show up at first, but when she wouldn't or couldn't stand and walk they took her back and found this. Poor little one!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Luck Anything that goes wrong in your foot is very painful, but I'm sure you will be up and around in no time!

Rachel said...

I pray your surgery goes well.

PaisleyJade said...

All the best!

knitmachinequeen (KMQ) said...

Good luck and you'll be in my prayers!

Gail said...

You poor thing Julia! I hope that the surgery goes well and that you will be literally back on your feet in now time.

Jackie's Stitches said...

Good luck tomorrow and hope you're 100% soon!

gwensews said...

Good luck and hope you are up and about before long. I will miss your posts. I'll be thinking about you.

Anonymous said...

Wishing you well!

Anonymous said...

Hope your surgery goes well. Can't wait to see you back!!!

Susan said...

My prayers for a successful surgery and speedy recovery, Julia!

Unknown said...

Hope your surgery goes well. Love the boot! It is obviously the hight of fashion as far as surgical boots go!! Pam xx

Anonymous said...

Love and prayers for the dear little girl. I pray your surgery goes well also and that you get back on your feet quickly!

Lots of love!

Unknown said...

Wow -- that's quite a boot. Here's to a speedy recovery.

Trudy said...

Hope your surgery goes well, and sorry to hear about your niece. I've had bunionectomy my both of my feet. I'm so glad I did because I was in a lot of pain. I no longer have pain in my feet.

window dressing said...

Hey Julia. I will pray that you will be up and about in no time. I am sure that the surgery will go perfectly and hope that you will take great care of yourself.
Checked out your other posts and you have a wonderful family! This time-out from doing other things will probably give you more time with them....

Favorite Posts

big list of sewing blogs

Big list of Sewing blogs - I'm in, are you?
I'm listed in the big list of sewing blogs Sponsors Advertise on sewing-blogs.com
Julias Sew Sweet
How to Sew
Place your vote for Julias Sew Sweet and find more How to Sew at Seamingly.com.










Attitude of Gratitude Award